Saturday, December 22, 2012

Favorite Christmas Quotes

Along the lines of yesterday's post, here's some great Christmas quotes, although some are only vaguely related to Christmas. =)
"The only thing in the world more ridiculous than Christmas is falling in love!"
Ebenezer Scrooge, from "A Christmas Carol"
~
"I'm not going to be a shepherd!"
Charlie, in "The Best Christmas Pageant Ever"
A favorite for obvious reasons.
~
"Deck da haws wid boughs of hawwy, fah wah wah wah wah wah wah wah wah."
Chinese restaurant carolers, in "A Christmas Story"
~
"If you can't learn to accept ANYTHING on faith, then you are doomed for a life dominated by doubt."
Kris Kringle, in "Miracle on 34th Street"
~
"Is this the way government really works?"
Harmony, in "Ernest Saves Christmas"
~
"Christmas won't be Christmas without any presents!"
Jo March, from "Little Women"
~
"Guy, your face? What is it?"
"Oh, it's just this thing I keep on the front of my head. You know, a couple of eyes, ears, a nose."
"No, no, no, I mean what's the matter?"
Madge & Guy, from "Gifts for Madge & Guy"

~
"This is Mary and I'm...Joseph."
Little boy, in "The Bells of St. Mary's"
~
"I'm not gunna to make it til Christmas!" (pronounced "kriss-miss")
Joe, probably in Christmas 2007
~
"And io, io, io..."
best lyrics ever, from "Ding Dong Merrily on High"
~
"I wish it was Christmas or New Year's all the time. Wouldn't it be fun?"
Jo March, from "Little Women"
~
"This is a very interesting situation!"
George Bailey, in "It's a Wonderful Life"
~
 "The only blind person at Christmastime is he who has not Christmas in his heart."
Helen Keller
~
"Seize the blazing yule before us!"
What it sounds like Aunt March is singing in "Little Women"
~
"Walking around the Christmas tree like a big fat, big fat, big fat fat."
A. Nony Mous, from the S Household
~
"I'm sorry mother, but you're perfectly wrong."
Susan Walker, in "Miracle on 34th Street"
~
"I bet it's a warrant for my arrest. I'm going to jail, isn't it wonderful? Merry Christmas!"
George Bailey, in "It's a Wonderful Life"
~
"And the angel said to them, 'Fear not, for behold, I bring you good news of great joy that will be for all the people. For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Savior, who is Christ the Lord.' "
The angel of the Lord, in the Gospel of Luke

No comments:

Post a Comment