Thursday, January 10, 2013

Book Review: Discerning the Voice of God


Discerning the Voice of God: How to Recognize When God is Speaking 

I have been absent from here too long. Between the recent holidays and a trip up north to see my brand new baby nephew, I haven't left myself much time for blogging. I've still been reading, just not writing any reviews, so I'd say it's time for a book review. So without further ado...








Discerning the Voice of God: How to Recognize When God is Speaking” was a great book. I’ve heard author Priscilla Shirer speak, but had not read any of her books, and this one especially interested me. Being in a place in my life where I needed to seek the Lord for some answers, I benefited greatly from Shirer’s words of advice, given from within the context of Scripture.

The book itself is easy to read and includes lots of down-to-earth (and sometimes humorous) illustrations based on Shirer’s life experiences, or stories of her acquaintances. I found myself relating to her and wanting to really put into practice what she had to say, not because she said it, but because I recognized it as Truth. Her powerful message was wrapped in humility and love, and came just at the right time for me.

I would highly encourage believers to read this book to strengthen their knowledge of and relationship with God and His Word, so as to better discern His voice and to walk in His ways.

I received a copy of this book form Moody Publishing in exchange for this honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment