Friday, March 9, 2012

Friday Funnies

Oh the fun conversations while babysitting a 4 year old!

Me (picking up a Bible character-looking toy man): Who is this?
4YO: That’s God.
Me: Oh really? I thought we couldn’t see God?
4YO (pointing to window): Yeah, He’s up there.
Me: So who is this? Moses? (Sorry, he looked an awful lot like Charlton Heston!)
4YO: Yes. And the other one is David.
Me (not seeing “the other one”): Oh? Where is he?
4YO: In the closet.

Please tell me you found this funny, too. =) Of course it helps when you can see and hear it directly from the little guy!

It’s amazing how different a world today’s little kids are growing up in, even just from my generation! Sometimes I already feel like an old fogie around kids these days!

4YO: Let’s play a game!
Me (thinking something along the lines of duck, duck, goose): Ok, what do you want to play?
4YO: Something-something game (sorry, I can’t remember what he called it)
Me: What’s that?
4YO: It’s a game on the i-pad.
Me: Oooh, the i-pad. Well I can’t play that.
4YO: Yes you can. See, here. Turn it on.
Me: Um, I don’t know how. Why don’t we play with your trains?
4YO: Yes, on the i-pad!
Me: Oh boy.

Wow, I’m already getting confused by young kids and new technology and I’m only 22! Yep, I’m looking forward to being old. Then I won’t have to worry about what I’m wearing or how my hair looks, since those whipper snappers just snort and smile at the old folk styles anyway. My sister and brother-in-law always say they can’t wait to be old and retired so that they can eat at the Diner every weekend (or was it every day?) and sit in their recliners and drink coffee. Or something like that.

I think I’ll go join them.

No comments:

Post a Comment