Saturday, November 10, 2012

Grace


Grace: More Than We Deserve, Greater Than We Imagine

“Grace: More Than We Deserve, Greater Than We Imagine” was my first Max Lucado book. My overall impression of him was exactly what I had heard about him: typically good content and an easy read. A VERY easy read.

Lucado touches on several aspects of grace in a Christian’s life, usually starting each chapter with a Biblical or historical narrative to emphasize his main point. He seemed to have a well-rounded approach to grace and desired his readers to have a deeper understanding of it.



Included in the back is a reader's guide with questions and Scripture to ponder on to further your reading experience. It isn't written by Lucado but by a Kate Etue. I just skimmed over it, so can't give an accurate opinion on it.

There were several “moments” in the book where I found myself in awe of God’s mercy, which is what you want when you’re reading a book about grace. But beyond those few key moments, the book in general was not excessively enlightening or beneficial. I hate to make it sound shallow, but then again, when you can see the bottom of the pond, it’s not very deep.

Bascially, I realized part-way through that I was reading it strictly because I needed to write a review for it, not because I was soaking in every word and just couldn’t put it down. It wasn’t a complete waste of time, but I doubt I’ll read another Lucado book any time soon.

I, um, received a free copy of this book through Booksneeze.com in exchange for this, um, harsh review.

No comments:

Post a Comment