Thursday, February 16, 2012

My Prince Will Come


I was hoping for a little more from this book. I got a copy from WaterbrookMultnomah's Blogging for Books program in exchange for this book review.

Every time I saw the cover of Sheri Rose Shepherd’s book, all I could think of was Snow White singing “Someday my prince will come!” But this book wasn’t a fairy tale romance. Sheri uses her testimony to encourage and teach women to look and prepare for the day when our Prince will come riding up on his white stead. I’ll have to say, the more I read the more I was surprised by her life experiences and what God was still able to accomplish through her.

She seems very sincere in her love for her King, and yet sometimes the gush was just a little too, well, gushy for me. But I’m not a romantic, and I don’t like to imagine love letters from Jesus for me or put words in His mouth, so it was just a little beyond my comfort zone.

Needless to say, it is a very sweet book with proper perspectives on recognizing your royal position as a princess, living each day with your King’s power, and making yourself ready for His return.

It was lacking depth somewhat, but as a casual pick-up devotional it was good. I doubt I would read it again, but that’s not to say I didn’t get anything out of it.

On an external note, it’s a very cute sized book with glossy pages. Great conversation piece for a coffee table! (Or for random outbursts of Disney songs!)

Rate my book review on the Blogging for Books site here and help rank me higher!

No comments:

Post a Comment