Monday, July 8, 2013

Joni & Ken


Joni & Ken: An Untold Love Story

I have always wondered about Joni Eareckson Tada's personal life, the “behind the scenes” of a quadriplegic, so naturally I snatched up the opportunity to read this book. It tells of Joni & Ken's beautiful romance story, and the difficulties that they faced in marriage. And let me assure you, it is not your average story!
 
Any book, speech, or audio recording I've enjoyed of Joni Tada is always inspiring and God-glorifying, and this book was no exception. It is not written in first person this time, but in third person, as if someone else were telling their story.

The only complaint I had was that it is not told chronologically, but instead jumps around in time, putting different pieces of the puzzle together. Sometimes I found that rather confusing, never knowing which events happened at what time.

Other than that, I would give this book 5 stars and recommend it to couples or singles alike! This wasn't so much a book on marriage, as it was the story of their life together and God's work in their lives individually before meeting, and together after marriage.

I received a copy of this book from Booksneeze.com in exchange for this honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment