Anyhow, thank you to my friend Lauren from her lovely blog Musings of a Flower Child for the nomination and list of questions.
1. Answer the 11 questions the blogger who nominated you asked you.
2. Give 11 random facts about yourself.
3. Nominate 11 bloggers with less than 200 followers.
4. Create 11 questions for the nominees to answers.
1. Have you ever been abroad?
Sadly, no. I have plans to, though. That is, if dreaming about it is considered planning.
2. What is one word you would use to describe yourself?
Easy going (is that two words?)
3. Do you sew?
Tolerably. I do sew, but I'm not sure if "yes" is really the correct answer to your question. I enjoy it and learn something new each time I'm ripping out a seam. :)
4. What is one of your favorite pastimes?
Reading a good book with a soundtrack playing and sipping hot tea! Or taking a walk on a sunny day.
5. What is a favorite summer activity or tradition?
My family usually climbs Pinnacle Mountain at some point during the spring/summer. We don't go camping as often as we used to, but I'd still call it a favorite summer activity.
6. Skirts or pants?
7. What is your favorite color to wear?
My favorite color is purple, but some reason I tend to wear a lot of black. Oh the joys of being a musician.
8. Are you reading anything right now?
Oh am I? You want the whole list? I used to only read one book at a time, but currently I am reading at least 9 books, including "A Chance to Die" by Elisabeth Elliot, "Fierce Woman" by Kimberly Wagner, and "Wives and Daughters" by Elizabeth Gaskell.
9. Tea or coffee?
Tea. I like hot tea straight or with cream if it's black, but ice tea must be sweet!
10. What is your favorite classic film?
Chariots of Fire. That's probably because it was the last one I watched.
11. Describe your favorite outfit!
I'm not much of a clothes/fashion person, but I love dresses from the 40s.
11 Random Facts
1. I love hats.
2. I have a favorite number, and it's eleven.
3. I'm not a tomboy, but I love sports. I'm sure it comes from having 3 brothers.
4. I've lived in the same town my whole life.
5. For a quiet introvert, I surprisingly have a wild, adventurous side that sneaks sometimes.
6. I prefer listening to instrumental music rather than vocalists.
7. I do not like snakes. Especially near my garden.
8. This is actually not my primary blog, but what I like to call my "public" blog.
9. I just upgraded to a smart phone, and I think it's making me dumb.
10. I still journal with pen and paper, because I love to write and I'm old-fashioned.
11. I have been an aunt for 2 1/2 months and it's the best thing in the world!!
My followers, or anyone who wants to participate, or:
Valerie at Savories of Life
Lissy Lou at The World is Round...And Other Thoughts
Kiri Liz at Lianne Taimenlore
Lexi at The Daily Owl
McKenzie at Pecan Pastures
My Questions for You:
1. Do you have a favorite number, and if so which one?
2. Regarding fiction, do you prefer reading the book or watching the film?
3. What's the first thing you think of each morning?
4. Why did you start blogging?
5. What is a family tradition of yours?
6. Name one place you'd like to visit.
7. Name one celebrity/author/hero (current or from history) you'd like meet.
8. What color is your room painted?
9. Can you whistle?
10. How many siblings do you have, and where are you in the birth order?
11. What time zone do you live in?
Thanks for playing along! I'd love to see your answers if you decide to participate. Hope you realize the honor of being awarded the Liebster Award. I know I do, ;)