Friday, May 18, 2012

Fun Family Trivia

I thought this blog event looked fun, so I'm joining in! Some of you already know a lot about my family, but others probably don't, so enjoy!
 
  1. What are some of your family's favorite phrases, exclamations, or sayings?Oh my, do we have a lot! They tend to change over time, and usually are originated by the boys. Some of these are "retired" and some are the new ones:
    "Dooby!"
    "Her hair, Louisa!"
    "When things strike me as funny, I can't hide it inside!"
    "Quite right, good idea. Quite right, good idea."
    "Right? Of course, yes, right."
    I could go on and on.

  2. What's the number of boys to girls in your family?3 boys to 5 girls, but also 2 brother-in-laws, so now we're tied. But there's going to be a grandbaby in January, so we'll see what breaks the tie!

  3. What is your favorite tradition your family has?Watching half of "It's a Wonderful Life" on Christmas Eve, and the other half on New Year's Eve.

  4. What do you call the midday meal at your house?Well, some call it dinner, and some call in lunch. Either way everyone is fed.

  5. Is the majority of your family morning people or night owls?The majority are night owls, but that's not to say there aren't a few suppressed birdies. :)

  6. What is your favorite vacation location? :PSt. George Island, FL. We go on vacation every 5 years, and the last two times it's been here. Yes here. We happen to be here right now as I write this. :D

  7. Are your family's weekends usually full of activities such as sports, parties, and outings, or are they more of around the house, fix-it-uppers?Definitely full of sports during basketball and baseball season (which is pretty much all year long), but we also use our Saturdays to do yard work or what not.

  8. What is the nationality/ies your family comes from? (i.e. Scotch, Russian, etc)I've got a bit of English, French, German, Scotch, and Indian in me! Pretty much American. :)

  9. Do you go away for holidays, or celebrate at home?We're blessed to have grandparents close to home, so Christmas, Thanksgiving, and Easter are always in town. Usually go to family for July 4th.

  10. How did your parents meet?In the singles department of their church. My dad lived in the same town all his life, but my mom moved around the state a few times before ending up in the same town as my dad. Their first date was at a baseball game. 2 1/2 months later they were engaged; 7 months later they were married. And that was 33 years ago. The rest is history!

1 comment: