Thursday, June 9, 2011

ROH Trilogy by Nancy Leigh DeMoss

The Revive Our Hearts Trilogy is absolutely one of the best books you can get your hands on! It is three separate books printed together in one volume. I quickly discovered why: you can't read one without reading all three.

I first read "Surrender" a year ago, and was overwhelmed by the incredible truths Ms. DeMoss so graciously but fervently presents. It did my heart a world of good to see my sin again for how filthy it is, and to see the Cross in all its glory, resulting in true surrender.

Next I read "Brokenness"and was equally mortified by my sinfulness and pride unveiled through her heart-piercing words. How quickly I fall ("prone to wonder, Lord I feel it") and need a gentle yet strong reminder of where my position in Christ should be--at His feet.

As I said, you can't read one without the other, so "Holiness" quickly followed suite. Hmm, isn't that the way it should be? A surrendered, broken life should always lead to a holy life. Sadly, that isn't always the case (or even often the case). I believe Ms. DeMoss does an example job pointing out our failures in this area of holiness as a Church, and as individuals, without becoming critical, legalistic, or arrogant. Rather, as a fellow sinner but striver for holiness, she encourages believers to live a life in Christ--imitating Him and His holy nature.

Whether you find yourself skimming the pages of one or all three of these books, don't pass it up!

I actually didn't receive a free copy of this book from a publisher. This is on loan from a friend, and yep, you guessed it--now I want my own copy.

No comments:

Post a Comment